- @torremochaj @Aquilino A tope! A ver si coincidimos pronto! Vais a Slush? 3 days ago
- @torremochaj @Aquilino Enhorabuena a los dos!!! Well deserved!! 4 days ago
- What are the 20 most secure ad platforms? @TweetSingular has put together a list and @Chartboost was there #adfraud… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 4 days ago
- RT @Chartboost: Are you attending @adtechLDN in two weeks and want to talk about how to conquer the mobile space? Send us a note! https://t… 6 days ago
- RT @Thomasbcn: China = 1/3 of mobile users @socialbakers takeaways: - 1 app for Everything - Flawless payments - Live streaming https://t.… 1 week ago
Thoughts by José Luis Agell
Creating environments that promote happiness
Today Jennifer Aaker was the guest speaker of the ETL class. She is a Marketing Professor at Stanford University’s Graduate School of Business, but today she talked about happiness throughout social networks which is one of her favorite topics.
Among the ideas that she talked about, I’d like to point out the huge impact social networks have to create environments that promote happiness. She mentioned several cases in which these Internet tools were crucial to engage people around a common goal, like the case of Sameer and Vinay who died due to a severe leukemia.
Aaker explained her change of mind on social networks. Some years ago she was actually skeptical like most of the people, while now she defends that they are tools for effectively communicating and spreading happiness.
The dragonfly has the ability to fly in all directions by flapping its 4 wings at the same time. Similarly, entrepreneurs, visionaries and influencers can create ideas that build momentum by taking care of 4 wings:
- Focus on a single goal which has to be humanistic, happy, actionable, clear.
- Grab attention: personal, unexpected, visceral, visual.
- Engage: tell a story, empathize, authenticity, match media.
- Take action: get things done and evaluate results.
Thanks Jennifer for sharing your insights!