- RT @AdaColau: Thank you for the solidarity we have received from around the world. Barcelona is brave and united. Terror will never change… 2 days ago
- My heart goes with all the victims of today's attack in #Barcelona #staystrong #mycity https://t.co/7d6xp5512K 4 days ago
- RT @CarlotaPiAmoros: Ara i sempre #Barcelona. #Llibertat #Amor #Respecte. Si us plau, no difongueu imatges dels fets. 4 days ago
- @saketmehta_ @bjwilson34 @scovic @Chartboost @marialegre Welcome on board of @Chartboost! 4 days ago
- My thoughts are in Barcelona now. There are things about humans that I will never understand. #stop #terrorism 4 days ago
Thoughts by José Luis Agell
If you’re going to… Barcelona
November 7, 2010Posted by on
I spent 10 days in Barcelona. As usual, I had a very intense and exiting time there; mainly because when I am in my city, work, family and friends converge.
My trip started with an entrepreneurial highlight. At SFO, while going through security, I came across Guy Kawasaki. As I mentioned in previous posts, I am a big fan of his books. So, I couldn’t help greeting him and introduce myself. Suddenly, my Silicon Valley key learnings emerged and I made a 30-seconds pitch of Innovalley. You always have to wear you entrepreneur had because you never know when opportunities will arise.
I also had the chance to attend the 6th edition of the Iniciativa BMW Awards, which is a great platform that aims to promote innovation and creativity in Barcelona. The selected projects were all very interesting, but above all, I enjoyed talking to their leaders.
Among them, I’d like to mention the founders of eyeOS, which is a cloud computing-based platform that allows you to access your desktop from everywhere. Pau and Marc started their venture 5 years ago when they were 17. EyeOs currently has more than 230.000 registered users and it’s been translated to 35 languages.
They are a clear example of big thinking and I hope they’ll become a reference for those young people who are thinking about starting their own business.
A great talk of Pau Garcia-Milà: http://player.vimeo.com/video/13427526