- Chartboost Creative Studio wants to boost app marketers’ effectiveness by 60% venturebeat.com/2018/02/15/cha… 6 days ago
- RT @Chartboost: How to drive engagement by preventing #adfatigue: cboo.st/2Ci8Ksu https://t.co/DkzuOYE38K 1 week ago
- Full room for the GDPR session at the #iabalm2018, which shows how important this is for the adtech industry 1 week ago
- RT @eric_seufert: I'm building a course for a business school on Freemium Monetization, and I'm very impressed with the amount and quality… 1 week ago
- @AnaBotin Estáis invitados a visitar @Chartboost. Nos encantará atenderos e intercambiar perspectivas. 1 week ago
Thoughts by José Luis Agell
Getting to know Mark Suster
October 14, 2010Posted by on
I loved his talk. I found it very encouraging. He went through a list of advices mentioning clear and practical examples in each case.
- You don’t have to be a genius but you need to get started.
- Being an entrepreneur is not sexy. It’s actually awful! lots of responsibility, lots of hours,…
- You need to be passionate about it.
- You need to do research. Silicon Valley is lazy. They say you don’t have to do market research but you do!
- Get a prototype built and show it.
- Assemble a diverse team. Get outside your box. People tend to get along well with people like them. Get out!
- Huge premium for those colleagues who are taking the first leap.
- Make sure technology is part of your DNA.
- Investors want you and your team, the business idea comes later.
- Raise capital, but not too much. You’ll have time to become fat once you have product/market fit clear.
- If possible, avoid the 3 Fs. Your business is likely going to fail and you don’t want to have business issues with your acquaintances..
- Angels or VCs? Raise VC money when you ready to get on a rocket ship. Think that being funded by a VCs is like getting married.
- How do you access investors? Via other Entrepreneurs
- You need an anchor investor: invite him to be an advisor. If you show results, normally everyone follows.
Thanks Mark for the great advices!