- 10 Tips for Choosing a Mobile Demand-Side Platform - @Liftoff and @PocketGems heroes.liftoff.io/blog/10-tips-c… 6 days ago
- RT @pgbiz: App Store users have spent over $4 billion on Supercell’s Clash of Clans pocketgamer.biz/news/68484/app… https://t.co/cuXlLuCnOW 1 week ago
- @ICEXLosAngeles @Chartboost Gracias por venir a @chartboost hoy! 2 weeks ago
- Creator, the new $6 burger machine is coming to San Francisco! sf.eater.com/2018/6/21/1748… via @EaterSF 3 weeks ago
- RT @Chartboost: Time for a career change? Come boost charts with us! chartboost.com/jobs #NowHiring #techjobs #sanfrancisco #amsterdam… 3 weeks ago
Thoughts by José Luis Agell
Getting to know Mark Suster
October 14, 2010Posted by on
I loved his talk. I found it very encouraging. He went through a list of advices mentioning clear and practical examples in each case.
- You don’t have to be a genius but you need to get started.
- Being an entrepreneur is not sexy. It’s actually awful! lots of responsibility, lots of hours,…
- You need to be passionate about it.
- You need to do research. Silicon Valley is lazy. They say you don’t have to do market research but you do!
- Get a prototype built and show it.
- Assemble a diverse team. Get outside your box. People tend to get along well with people like them. Get out!
- Huge premium for those colleagues who are taking the first leap.
- Make sure technology is part of your DNA.
- Investors want you and your team, the business idea comes later.
- Raise capital, but not too much. You’ll have time to become fat once you have product/market fit clear.
- If possible, avoid the 3 Fs. Your business is likely going to fail and you don’t want to have business issues with your acquaintances..
- Angels or VCs? Raise VC money when you ready to get on a rocket ship. Think that being funded by a VCs is like getting married.
- How do you access investors? Via other Entrepreneurs
- You need an anchor investor: invite him to be an advisor. If you show results, normally everyone follows.
Thanks Mark for the great advices!