- @dangguillen your doctor can send the prescription directly to @scriptdash and they deliver the medicine to your house fro free! ;) 2 days ago
- How Miniclip took mobile by storm to make one billion downloads | Pocket Gamer.biz | PGbiz pocketgamer.biz/interview/6457… via @pgbiz 2 days ago
- Used @scriptdash for the first time. What a great service and support. Great job! https://t.co/iI03Mpr7gY 4 days ago
- App Store trends for November 2016: Average of 792 games released every day by @PGbiz pocketgamer.biz/news/64575/app… via @pgbiz 4 days ago
- RT @Chartboost: Dig into how to get high retention and the right attribution with @adjustcom @bidalgo_ltd @chartboost [free webinar] https:… 4 days ago
Thoughts by José Luis Agell
The Social Network, key learnings
October 4, 2010Posted by on
Yesterday I watched The Social Network, the new movie about Facebook’s beginning. I don’t know if the movie is accurate to the true story, but I think it’s a fantastic movie.
Places were very familiar to me: Harvard University (that I visited last week) and Silicon Valley (where I live). But beyond the circumstantial details, this is a story about friendship, leadership, loyalty, revenge…
These are the key learnings I extracted from the movie:
- Ideas don’t come up all of a sudden. You need to tailor the initial concepts looking at the real market needs.
- Passion and persistence are crucial to start a new venture. Don’t give up when you face an obstacle, stick to your vision and reformulate the path to get there.
- Building a balanced team and find the right advisors is as important as having a great idea.
- If you’re partnering with friends, try to separate your personal relationship from work and be transparent in both facets of your life.
- It is important to protect your IP and make sure that you have the ownership.
- Success and social recognition normally come with jealousy. You can’t get 500 million friends without having some enemies.