- How to Design and Optimize Playable Ads for Play | Chartboost chartboost.com/blog/2017/04/h… 22 hours ago
- RT @pgbiz: The case for offline mobile games: Connectivity affects players, revenue and more pocketgamer.biz/comment-and-op… @Chartboost https://t.… 1 day ago
- The case for offline mobile games. My latest article on @pgbiz pocketgamer.biz/comment-and-op… cc @chartboost 2 days ago
- RT @Chartboost: Chartboost Interviews: @Sorrell Head of Studio @Rovio on Behavioral Economics and Gaming cboo.st/2o4gRGU #mobiledev… 1 week ago
- Excited to be at #F8 #f82017 today. Hit me up if you want to meet! @Chartboost 1 week ago
Thoughts by José Luis Agell
The Social Network, key learnings
October 4, 2010Posted by on
Yesterday I watched The Social Network, the new movie about Facebook’s beginning. I don’t know if the movie is accurate to the true story, but I think it’s a fantastic movie.
Places were very familiar to me: Harvard University (that I visited last week) and Silicon Valley (where I live). But beyond the circumstantial details, this is a story about friendship, leadership, loyalty, revenge…
These are the key learnings I extracted from the movie:
- Ideas don’t come up all of a sudden. You need to tailor the initial concepts looking at the real market needs.
- Passion and persistence are crucial to start a new venture. Don’t give up when you face an obstacle, stick to your vision and reformulate the path to get there.
- Building a balanced team and find the right advisors is as important as having a great idea.
- If you’re partnering with friends, try to separate your personal relationship from work and be transparent in both facets of your life.
- It is important to protect your IP and make sure that you have the ownership.
- Success and social recognition normally come with jealousy. You can’t get 500 million friends without having some enemies.