- RT @AdaColau: Thank you for the solidarity we have received from around the world. Barcelona is brave and united. Terror will never change… 2 days ago
- My heart goes with all the victims of today's attack in #Barcelona #staystrong #mycity https://t.co/7d6xp5512K 4 days ago
- RT @CarlotaPiAmoros: Ara i sempre #Barcelona. #Llibertat #Amor #Respecte. Si us plau, no difongueu imatges dels fets. 4 days ago
- @saketmehta_ @bjwilson34 @scovic @Chartboost @marialegre Welcome on board of @Chartboost! 4 days ago
- My thoughts are in Barcelona now. There are things about humans that I will never understand. #stop #terrorism 4 days ago
Thoughts by José Luis Agell
The Social Network, key learnings
October 4, 2010Posted by on
Yesterday I watched The Social Network, the new movie about Facebook’s beginning. I don’t know if the movie is accurate to the true story, but I think it’s a fantastic movie.
Places were very familiar to me: Harvard University (that I visited last week) and Silicon Valley (where I live). But beyond the circumstantial details, this is a story about friendship, leadership, loyalty, revenge…
These are the key learnings I extracted from the movie:
- Ideas don’t come up all of a sudden. You need to tailor the initial concepts looking at the real market needs.
- Passion and persistence are crucial to start a new venture. Don’t give up when you face an obstacle, stick to your vision and reformulate the path to get there.
- Building a balanced team and find the right advisors is as important as having a great idea.
- If you’re partnering with friends, try to separate your personal relationship from work and be transparent in both facets of your life.
- It is important to protect your IP and make sure that you have the ownership.
- Success and social recognition normally come with jealousy. You can’t get 500 million friends without having some enemies.