- 10 Tips for Choosing a Mobile Demand-Side Platform - @Liftoff and @PocketGems heroes.liftoff.io/blog/10-tips-c… 6 days ago
- RT @pgbiz: App Store users have spent over $4 billion on Supercell’s Clash of Clans pocketgamer.biz/news/68484/app… https://t.co/cuXlLuCnOW 1 week ago
- @ICEXLosAngeles @Chartboost Gracias por venir a @chartboost hoy! 2 weeks ago
- Creator, the new $6 burger machine is coming to San Francisco! sf.eater.com/2018/6/21/1748… via @EaterSF 3 weeks ago
- RT @Chartboost: Time for a career change? Come boost charts with us! chartboost.com/jobs #NowHiring #techjobs #sanfrancisco #amsterdam… 3 weeks ago
Thoughts by José Luis Agell
The Social Network, key learnings
October 4, 2010Posted by on
Yesterday I watched The Social Network, the new movie about Facebook’s beginning. I don’t know if the movie is accurate to the true story, but I think it’s a fantastic movie.
Places were very familiar to me: Harvard University (that I visited last week) and Silicon Valley (where I live). But beyond the circumstantial details, this is a story about friendship, leadership, loyalty, revenge…
These are the key learnings I extracted from the movie:
- Ideas don’t come up all of a sudden. You need to tailor the initial concepts looking at the real market needs.
- Passion and persistence are crucial to start a new venture. Don’t give up when you face an obstacle, stick to your vision and reformulate the path to get there.
- Building a balanced team and find the right advisors is as important as having a great idea.
- If you’re partnering with friends, try to separate your personal relationship from work and be transparent in both facets of your life.
- It is important to protect your IP and make sure that you have the ownership.
- Success and social recognition normally come with jealousy. You can’t get 500 million friends without having some enemies.