- Chartboost Creative Studio wants to boost app marketers’ effectiveness by 60% venturebeat.com/2018/02/15/cha… 6 days ago
- RT @Chartboost: How to drive engagement by preventing #adfatigue: cboo.st/2Ci8Ksu https://t.co/DkzuOYE38K 1 week ago
- Full room for the GDPR session at the #iabalm2018, which shows how important this is for the adtech industry 1 week ago
- RT @eric_seufert: I'm building a course for a business school on Freemium Monetization, and I'm very impressed with the amount and quality… 1 week ago
- @AnaBotin Estáis invitados a visitar @Chartboost. Nos encantará atenderos e intercambiar perspectivas. 1 week ago
Thoughts by José Luis Agell
The Social Network, key learnings
October 4, 2010Posted by on
Yesterday I watched The Social Network, the new movie about Facebook’s beginning. I don’t know if the movie is accurate to the true story, but I think it’s a fantastic movie.
Places were very familiar to me: Harvard University (that I visited last week) and Silicon Valley (where I live). But beyond the circumstantial details, this is a story about friendship, leadership, loyalty, revenge…
These are the key learnings I extracted from the movie:
- Ideas don’t come up all of a sudden. You need to tailor the initial concepts looking at the real market needs.
- Passion and persistence are crucial to start a new venture. Don’t give up when you face an obstacle, stick to your vision and reformulate the path to get there.
- Building a balanced team and find the right advisors is as important as having a great idea.
- If you’re partnering with friends, try to separate your personal relationship from work and be transparent in both facets of your life.
- It is important to protect your IP and make sure that you have the ownership.
- Success and social recognition normally come with jealousy. You can’t get 500 million friends without having some enemies.