- Chartboost Creative Studio wants to boost app marketers’ effectiveness by 60% venturebeat.com/2018/02/15/cha… 6 days ago
- RT @Chartboost: How to drive engagement by preventing #adfatigue: cboo.st/2Ci8Ksu https://t.co/DkzuOYE38K 1 week ago
- Full room for the GDPR session at the #iabalm2018, which shows how important this is for the adtech industry 1 week ago
- RT @eric_seufert: I'm building a course for a business school on Freemium Monetization, and I'm very impressed with the amount and quality… 1 week ago
- @AnaBotin Estáis invitados a visitar @Chartboost. Nos encantará atenderos e intercambiar perspectivas. 1 week ago
Thoughts by José Luis Agell
Barcelona and San Francisco, sister cities!
July 19, 2010Posted by on
Since I first came to San Francisco- two years ago- I’ve always considered it “my home”. And the truth is that I really feel like home in this wonderful city.
San Francisco and Barcelona have lots of similarities. The proximity to the sea, the hills but especially the people make them have a common soul.
They both share part of their history- Gaspar de Portola, one of the explorers that first settle down in California and became its first Governor, was originally from Catalonia.
But most importantly, they share their people’s character. Both cities have become prosperity engines for their regions, standing out for their innovative and entrepreneurial spirits. They have stood out among the others for their openness of mind (and respect for diversity) and they share the taste for food and wine, arts and sports.
These are some of the words that we could hear this morning at the San Francisco City Hall during the ceremony for the signing of the official partnership between the two cities. It was an official event chaired by Mayor Gavin Newsom which gathered some Spanish authorities and people from Barcelona who live in San Francisco.
This is the culmination of a 3-year process, strongly promoted by Supervisor Campos and the Association Amics de Gaspar de Portolà. It is a pact of friendship and collaboration and I am sure it will bring up great results- maybe a direct flight?:).
In any case, today I felt very proud of my city and happy to be living in San Francisco one of the best adventures of my life.