- 10 Tips for Choosing a Mobile Demand-Side Platform - @Liftoff and @PocketGems heroes.liftoff.io/blog/10-tips-c… 6 days ago
- RT @pgbiz: App Store users have spent over $4 billion on Supercell’s Clash of Clans pocketgamer.biz/news/68484/app… https://t.co/cuXlLuCnOW 1 week ago
- @ICEXLosAngeles @Chartboost Gracias por venir a @chartboost hoy! 2 weeks ago
- Creator, the new $6 burger machine is coming to San Francisco! sf.eater.com/2018/6/21/1748… via @EaterSF 3 weeks ago
- RT @Chartboost: Time for a career change? Come boost charts with us! chartboost.com/jobs #NowHiring #techjobs #sanfrancisco #amsterdam… 3 weeks ago
Thoughts by José Luis Agell
Good times for the SaaS
February 25, 2009Posted by on
A recent article in Computerworld predicts that the current economic downturn will increase the pace of SaaS (Software as a Service) adoption.
According to the article “..two weeks ago IDC raised its projected SaaS growth rate for 2009 from 36% to 40.5%. The firm said, recent surveys indicated that the recession would prompt more users to choose subscription-based services over on-premises applications. IDC also forecast that nearly 45% of U.S. companies will spend at least one-fourth of their IT budget on SaaS by next year, up from 23% in 2008.”
It seems that most of the businesses are starting to use online Web-based services in order cut down costs in this global economic downturn. Good moment for Saas providers!