- RT @AdaColau: Thank you for the solidarity we have received from around the world. Barcelona is brave and united. Terror will never change… 2 days ago
- My heart goes with all the victims of today's attack in #Barcelona #staystrong #mycity https://t.co/7d6xp5512K 4 days ago
- RT @CarlotaPiAmoros: Ara i sempre #Barcelona. #Llibertat #Amor #Respecte. Si us plau, no difongueu imatges dels fets. 4 days ago
- @saketmehta_ @bjwilson34 @scovic @Chartboost @marialegre Welcome on board of @Chartboost! 4 days ago
- My thoughts are in Barcelona now. There are things about humans that I will never understand. #stop #terrorism 4 days ago
Thoughts by José Luis Agell
Good times for the SaaS
February 25, 2009Posted by on
A recent article in Computerworld predicts that the current economic downturn will increase the pace of SaaS (Software as a Service) adoption.
According to the article “..two weeks ago IDC raised its projected SaaS growth rate for 2009 from 36% to 40.5%. The firm said, recent surveys indicated that the recession would prompt more users to choose subscription-based services over on-premises applications. IDC also forecast that nearly 45% of U.S. companies will spend at least one-fourth of their IT budget on SaaS by next year, up from 23% in 2008.”
It seems that most of the businesses are starting to use online Web-based services in order cut down costs in this global economic downturn. Good moment for Saas providers!