- Chartboost Creative Studio wants to boost app marketers’ effectiveness by 60% venturebeat.com/2018/02/15/cha… 6 days ago
- RT @Chartboost: How to drive engagement by preventing #adfatigue: cboo.st/2Ci8Ksu https://t.co/DkzuOYE38K 1 week ago
- Full room for the GDPR session at the #iabalm2018, which shows how important this is for the adtech industry 1 week ago
- RT @eric_seufert: I'm building a course for a business school on Freemium Monetization, and I'm very impressed with the amount and quality… 1 week ago
- @AnaBotin Estáis invitados a visitar @Chartboost. Nos encantará atenderos e intercambiar perspectivas. 1 week ago
Thoughts by José Luis Agell
Good times for the SaaS
February 25, 2009Posted by on
A recent article in Computerworld predicts that the current economic downturn will increase the pace of SaaS (Software as a Service) adoption.
According to the article “..two weeks ago IDC raised its projected SaaS growth rate for 2009 from 36% to 40.5%. The firm said, recent surveys indicated that the recession would prompt more users to choose subscription-based services over on-premises applications. IDC also forecast that nearly 45% of U.S. companies will spend at least one-fourth of their IT budget on SaaS by next year, up from 23% in 2008.”
It seems that most of the businesses are starting to use online Web-based services in order cut down costs in this global economic downturn. Good moment for Saas providers!